I love garden planning
Did you know that a good vegetable garden planner will help you organize your season?
My goal is to grow as much food as possible and an important aspect of that is the garden planning stages.
Garden planning helps to guide you through your season, it also means creating goals and being mindful of when you plant your seeds instead of just throwing them in the ground in the spring. Practicing succession planting for example, where you follow crops after each other to spread out harvests and preserving, requires garden planning.
If you’re wanting to get the most from your garden, using a vegetable garden planner will help!
Important things a gardener can keep track of with a vegetable garden planner
- When to start your seeds
- When to plant your seeds or seedlings into the garden
- Seed inventory is and what seeds you need to buy
- Sketching your garden design
- Lists of goals and to do’s for the season
- What you harvested and when
- Crop rotation notes
- Disease, pests and weather notes
This is where I come in! I’ve created a printable garden planner
a garden planner made by a gardener
Keep track of when you started your seeds and know when to sow or transplant your crops into the garden. You might be surprised and be able to fit in any extra crops before or after your main season ones. You can also figure out what seeds to order by taking seed inventory beforehand & keep detailed gardening records of your season like weather, pests or what soil amendments need to go into which garden beds. Keep crop rotation notes, design your garden (includes square foot gardening) and much more!
this 23-page printable garden planner will help you garden better!
Garden Planning with the Ultimate Printable Garden Planner
These printable garden planning sheets will help you start your seeds, keep important information in one place and have detailed gardening records of your season. You can also set short-term or long-term goals, create future garden projects and keep track of your seed inventory.
My printable garden planner will help your garden planning! Figure out what to grow by looking at your monthly produce spending to find the most valuable crops to grow.
this 23-page printable garden planner includes:
- What do you Eat & Spend on Produce
- What to Grow
- Seed Inventory
- Seeds to Purchase
- Seed Packet Information
- Sowing Schedule
- Seedlings (Seed Starting & Transplanting Schedule)
- Succession Sowing Schedule
- Crop Rotation Notes
- Organize your Crops into Beds/Rows
- Garden Layout Planner
- Square Foot Garden Planner
- Soil Amendments
- Monthly Planting Planner
- Weekly Planting Planner
- Seasonal Garden Chore Lists
- Pests & Disease
- Garden Projects
- Harvest Log
- Garden Expenses
- Garden Planning in 5 Easy Steps
- Succession Sowing for Optimal Harvests
- Inter-planting (& Under-planting)
- Pre & Post Crops
- Year-Round Intensive Gardening Guide
- Grow Food 365 Days a Year
- Growing Permaculture Polyculture Beds
- Triple Your Harvest of Fresh Greens
- Maximize your Food Garden
- Month-to-Month Homesteading to do Lists
- How to Plant your Fall & Winter Garden
- Grow Food Year-Round in a Greenhouse
- Growing a 3 Season Garden
- Crops that can Handle Frosts & Snow
- Overwintering Crops for Zone 5
- Designing for Large-Scale Food Production