Spring is a wonderful time to plant vegetables, many you can plant before the last spring frost.
Here’s a list of spring vegetables to plant, then I’ll share when you can sow them before your last spring frost and how to grow many of them.
Lastly, remember that spring vegetables can be prone to bolting. That means if your springs get hot very quickly, some of these cool-season crops get stressed out and try to flower.
Best Vegetables to Plant in Spring
- Radishes (try a fun Easter Egg colorful blend)
- Mesclun Greens
- Swiss Chard
- Spring greens (spring cabbages)
- Mustard greens
- Turnips ( I love salad turnips in the spring!)
- Cauliflower (try different cauliflower colors!)
- Green onions
- Peas (Sugar, Snow or Snap)
- Mache/Corn Salad
- Chinese vegetables like Gai Lan or Choi Sum, Pac Choi
How to Grow Spring Vegetables
- Kale Plants + Choosing Varieties
- Grow Super Colorful Radishes and Radish Recipes
- Arugula Leaves (Rocket Lettuce)
- Lettuce Plants for Fresh Garden Salads
- Growing Carrots from Seed: 3 Tips for Success
- Broccoli Leaves- a New Garden Super Food
- Grow 52 Weeks of Fresh Greens
Happy Spring Planting!