Starting seeds is super fun & a lot cheaper than buying seedlings
However once you start buying seeding trays, pots, grow lights and mini greenhouses they can add up in cost fast (here’s our indoor gardening set up). These supplies are worth investing for the long run, but it’s nice to get ideas for frugal gardening too. If you’re looking for larger greenhouse kits or DIY greenhouse projects check out this post. If you’re not up for any of these mini greenhouse projects you can use portable greenhouses (pictured above). I’ve been using them for years and they’re inexpensive to buy and well worth it.
This post is full of ideas for creating cheap mini greenhouses that you can use for seed starting.
Read more about starting seeds:
- Seed starting 101- beginner guide
- When to sow or transplant your seeds
- Garden planning like a rockstar
- How to choose seeds & take seed inventory
- Ultimate printable garden planner
- Create a planting schedule