Family Food Garden may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page.
Woodland Christmas decorations add so much holiday magic
Consider animal tree decorations, mushrooms, tree bark, pines and mossy elements.
I love a woodland themed Christmas because we live in Canada close to the mountain forests . The tradition of a real Christmas tree begs for more forest elements to be added to it. When we went into the forest to find our tree one year we noticed beautiful lichen dangling over the trees. The forest was naturally decorated, but when we tried to bring the same lichen home, it dried up with our indoor heating.
Ever since I’ve been looking for great ways to add that woodland feel to our home
This post will list ways you can create a woodland theme, but also where to buy these items.
I’ve tried to include many wonderful etsy stores to support some great artists.
Great ways to create a Woodland Christmas are:
- Using forest animal ornaments like deer, owls, bears, squirrels and foxes
- Adding natural tree elements like real pine cones, wood slices or bark elements
- Harvesting real tree branches as decor.
- Get a real Christmas tree like balm that has the best smell.
- Mushrooms add that woodland enchanting elements
- Moss and lichens can add that woodland dynamic
- Diffuse forest essential oils to create that natural tree scent.
- Add woodland animals to your living room, especially around your stockings
Where to buy woodland Christmas tree decorations
Below is a list of great Etsy stores and places to buy forest tree designs. You can also make your own if you are crafty! I enjoy making woolen ornaments and using pinecones.
I love the decorations of the animals in these woods from Nordwald
Mooseberry design makes beautiful personal tree decorations for animals
Engraved forest and mountain decorations from Jen Curtis Art Studio
Decorations from Best + Brown
Beautiful Bird Ornaments KemaKuBcn