Woodland Christmas decorations add so much magic to the holidays
Think forest animal tree ornaments, mushrooms, bark, pine cones and mossy elements.
I love a woodland themed Christmas because we live in Canada close to the mountain forests. The tradition of a real Christmas tree begs for more forest elements to be added to it. When we went into the forest to find our tree one year we noticed beautiful lichen dangling over the trees. The forest was naturally decorated, but when we tried to bring the same lichen home, it dried up with our indoor heating.
Ever since I’ve been looking for great ways to add that woodland feel to our home
This post will list ways you can create a woodland theme, but also where to buy these items.
I’ve tried to include many wonderful etsy stores to support some great artists.
Great ways to create a Woodland Christmas are:
- Using forest animal ornaments like deer, owls, bears, squirrels and foxes
- Adding natural tree elements like real pine cones, wood slices or bark elements
- Harvesting real tree branches as decor.
- Get a real Christmas tree like Balsam fir which has the best smell.
- Mushrooms add that woodland enchanting elements
- Moss and lichens can add that woodland dynamic
- Diffuse forest essential oils to create that natural tree scent.
- Add woodland animals to your living room, especially around your stockings
Where to buy woodland Christmas tree decorations
Here’s a list of great Etsy stores and places to buy woodland themed decor. You can also make your own if you’re crafty! I enjoy making wool needle felted ornaments and using real pine cones.
I love these woodland animal ornaments from Nordvild
Mooseberry Design makes beautiful woodland animal personal tree ornaments
Etched woodland and mountain ornaments from Jen Curtis Art Studio
Ornaments from Bast + Bruin
Beautiful bird ornaments KemaKuBcn
Woodland trees from Moss between my Toes
My name is Isis Loran, creator of the Family Food Garden. I’ve been gardening for over 10 years now and push the limits of our zone 5 climates. I love growing heirlooms & experimenting with hundreds of varieties, season extending, crunchy homesteading and permaculture.