What an amazing year this has been.
I began Family Food Garden in February of 2016 and it’s been wonderful to connect with all of you, to inspire to you to stay organized, or grow more food. In fact that has been this sites mission: to get more people growing food because produce prices keep going up. It’s getting harder to eat healthy, the cost of general living is challenging for most people I meet. Living a simpler life has been a calling for many folk because of the complexities of the modern world. How confusing is it to both love technology and yet feel glued to it all the time or try and balance your kids screen time? I feel so happy whenever I go a few days without it because you’re really living.
To me really living is the daily slower moments of being close to my family, making food from scratch and seeing things grow in the garden.
This year has been a big one for me, not only did I launch this new site (this was the first post!) I also wrote my first book, created a stay at home mom income with essential oils and gave you the ultimate garden planner.
We also moved homestead.
We have so much to do, build and create on this new homestead of ours and I cannot wait to share it with you in 2017.
For now while my days are filled with garden planning for the coming months I’ll share with you:
Your favourite gardening articles on this site for 2016
- How to Grow Food 365 Days a Year
- 5 Gorgeous Vertical Gardening Beds
- How to Build a Herb Spiral
- Month-to-Month Homestead to do Lists
- How to Plant your Fall & Winter Garden
- Designing for Large-Scale Home Food Production
- Root Cellars: Store Fresh Food with no Electricity
- Garden Better with Biodiversity and Wild Pollinators
- Indoor Gardening: Fantastic Infographics
- When it’s Time to Pull your Old Crops (& Sow Something New)
- Interplanting for more Garden Yields
- Crops that Can Handle Frosts and Snow
- Kids Gardening 101: Activities for them to do while you Garden
- Growing Food Year-Round in a Greenhouse
- How to Harvest, Cure & Store Winter Squash and Pumpkins
- Frugal Gardening: Best Ways to Save Money
- Gardening for Troubled Times (Modern Victory Gardens)
- What to do when Weeds have taken over your Garden
- Super Easy & Fast Crops for your Garden
- Maximize your Food Garden
- Our Family Grew $2,0000 worth of food last year
- Can you Grow Enough Food to Feed a Family?
- When to Sow your Seeds
My name is Isis Loran, creator of the Family Food Garden. I’ve been gardening for over 10 years now and push the limits of our zone 5 climates. I love growing heirlooms & experimenting with hundreds of varieties, season extending, crunchy homesteading and permaculture.