Family Food Garden may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page.
Fall activities add to the coziness of fall
Fall is my absolute favorite time of the year. I love growing those deep heirloom pumpkins like ‘Cinderella’ to make it even more magical. Where we live in the Canadian mountains the changing colors of the trees is stunning.
Do you have to drive to see changing leaves? No but that’s definitely one of the most enjoyable aspects of fall.
Fun fall activities
- Take a nature walk
- Make a pumpkin spiced latte
- Go to a pumpkin u-pick farm
- Enjoy a scenic drive to see the leaves
- Roast marshmallows outside and make smores
- Go on a hayride
- Rake a big pile of leaves and play in them
- Have a bonfire with friends
- Steep a cup of chai tea
- Diffuse fall essential oils
- Play in a corn maze
- Bake cookies
- Make hot spiced apple cider
- Collect leaves and identify trees
- Enjoy fall recipes
- Throw a potluck
- Create a yummy fall soup
- Plant fall bulbs (& garlic!) to bloom in the spring
- Go to a fall festival
- Make a fall inspired fairy garden
- Have a Halloween party
- Roast veggies
- Cozy with a blanket and a movie
- Enjoy fall gardening
- Eat a candied apple
- Go for a scenic hike or trail walk
- Warm up some mulled wine
- Carve pumpkins
- Watch squirrels collect nuts and acorns
- Go to an Oktoberfest
- Make yummy pumpkin or winter squash recipes
- Watch Halloween movies
- Rent a cabin or brave colder camping
- Look at the stars (perk of shorter days!)
What are your favorite fall activities to enjoy?
My name is Isis Loran, creator of the Family Food Garden. I’ve been gardening for over 10 years now and push the limits of our zone 5 climates. I love growing heirlooms & experimenting with hundreds of varieties, season extending, crunchy homesteading and permaculture.