Family Food Garden may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page.
Now that the weather is heating up, it becomes hard to resist sprucing up the garden and making a couple of tweaks here and there. Most people do this by creating an ambient sitting area, planting bright seasonal flowers and fencing off the garden to give yourself, and any guests that join you, a bit of privacy.
You are likely to have all this new energy for maintaining your garden and plenty of design ideas ready to be created. Start off with the bigger projects before doing any planting. Garden fences, especially ones made of wood, need replacing every couple of years due to the effects that the rain, heat and strong sun have on natural materials. A drab and worn out looking fence will distract you from the beautiful plants growing in your garden.
Changing your fence, or adding a fence if you don’t already have one, can transform the look of your garden. Better yet, it doesn’t take long to build with the right equipment!
When buying new tools for making your fence, go for ones that are going to be multifunctional. That means that they are not specific to doing one job, and can help you with other projects around the house as well as your gardening chores.
For example, instead of using a cross-hand or bow saw to cut the fence pieces to size, invest in a track saw instead. Track saws will get the job done much faster and they can be used on both metal and wood. A good track saw is the most important tool for making a garden fence, or any other garden construction for that matter. Here are my favorite track saws that will help you build your garden fence in no time.
How to Build a Garden Fence Using a Tracksaw
Finding it hard to believe that a track saw will saw your making time in half? Follow the guide below and see how easy building your fence with a track saw really is;
- Measure the ground area you wish to cover and the height you want your fence to be. This will give you an idea of how much fencing material you will need.
- Pick what material you want the fence to be made of, you have the choice of using soft steel or wood for your fence if you are cutting it to shape with a track saw.
- Measure out and mark where you want the cuts to be made. I suggest using a thick wooden sheet so that your fence pieces are identical in size, color, and texture.
- Place the wooden sheet on a table and proceed to cut the fence pieces.
- Once all the pieces are cut, paint the wood your desired color and leave to dry.
- Take the fence pieces to the garden and begin the construction with the design you want.
You see, it is as easy as that! What will be your next gardening project?
My name is Isis Loran, creator of the Family Food Garden. I’ve been gardening for over 10 years now and push the limits of our zone 5 climates. I love growing heirlooms & experimenting with hundreds of varieties, season extending, crunchy homesteading and permaculture.